Sports Petko Ganchev: Ex-player is match guest of club that wrongly announces his death by Admin 3 April 2025 written by Admin 3 April 2025 0 comments 12 Bulgarian side Arda Kardzhali welcomed club great Petko Ganchev as a special guest to their match against Cherno More on Wednesday – two weeks after holding a minute's silence for him. Arda mourned Ganchev before their match with Levski Sofia last month, wrongly believing he had died, with both teams lining up on the centre circle and bowing their heads. However, before that game had ended, Arda posted on social media to say they had received "incorrect information about his death" and that the 78-year-old was very much alive. Ganchev was described as a "legend" and received a jersey with his name on it before Arda's match against Cherno More, which they won 4-0. "Before the match Petko Ganchev saw the sport director Ivaylo Petkov, who gave him a jubilee jersey. He watched the match in the company of other Arda veterans," the club said. "Once again we apologise to Petko Ganchev." Ganchev said he had to reassure friends and family he was still alive because he was driving home when Arda mistakenly made their announcement of his death. "When I heard the terrible news, I poured myself a small brandy," he told Bulgarian outlet Blitz. "Being buried alive is quite stressful, really." Original Article Share 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestEmail Admin I am the founder and creator of euroman.org 😀 I hope you like what i made. previous post At least four killed in Russian strikes on Ukrainian city Kryvyi Rih next post Jim Cramer says Trump tariffs are more punitive than reciprocal You may also like Real Madrid: Kylian Mbappe and Vinicius Jr cleared to face Arsenal in Champions League 4 April 2025 PSG on the brink and chasing invincible season – how do Europe’s title races... 4 April 2025 Fenerbahce accuse Galatasaray boss of acting ‘like he’d been shot’ in Jose Mourinho row 4 April 2025 ‘BlueCo out’ – Strasbourg fans protest against Chelsea’s parent club 4 April 2025 Dani Olmo: Barcelona forward granted permission to play for rest of season 3 April 2025 Jose Mourinho: Fenerbahce manager accused of grabbing nose of Galatasaray boss Okan Buruk 3 April 2025 Leave a Comment Cancel Reply Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.